Fat Woman was very unhappy about this as she was a fabulous shot just three days previously, smashing clays on all counts.
- Fat Woman has thought of some reasons why she might not have been shooting very well:
- Fat Woman had worn the wrong coat. Instead of her collarless shooting coat with shoulder patches to stop gun slippage Fat Woman wore a bulky old anorak. It made mounting the gun quite hard.
- It was really, really cold. Fat Woman had her MacWet gloves on but in less than ten minutes her fingers were painful.
- Fat Woman's shoulders ached still from Wednesday's personal training session and her reactivated RSI.
- Fat Woman had a friend with her and was looking forward to showing off how she could smash clays.
Fat Woman knows that pride comes before a fall. In this case pride comes before a complete lack of hitting clay pigeons.